Home » Espresso and Coffee How To Articles » Learning Centre » How To Guides » Bodum French Press Instructions Manual

Bodum French Press Instructions Manual

Bodum French Press Instructions Manual
Category: How To Guides
Posted:
Views: 609165
Comments: 14 [Read/Post]
Synopsis: Make great tasting coffee with the Bodum French Press. Step by Step instructions as indicated in the user manual.
User Instructions for Bodum French Presses

1. Place pot on a dry, flat, non-slip surface. Hold handle firmly, then pull the plunger unit straight up and out of the pot.

2. For each 1.25 dl, 4 oz cup, put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 BODUM scoop of coarse ground coffee into the pot. CAUTION: Use only coarse ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place coffee maker on a heat proof, non-slip surface.

3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2.5 cm, 1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon. CAUTION: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.

4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn the lid to close off the pour spout opening (does not apply to the Brazil models). Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for at least 4 minutes.

5. Hold the pot handle firmly with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew and then slowly plunge again. WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.

6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and then pour coffee.

7. Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. All parts are dishwasher safe.

8. Scald Hazard:
Excessive plunging force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot out of pot.
Do not plunge with force.
Turn lid to close spout.
Use only coarse ground coffee.

Safety Instructions:
Not for stove top use.
Check glass beaker for scratches, cracks or chips. Do not use a pot which is scratched, chipped or cracked. Install a replacement beaker before using the pot again.
Keep children away while using. Hot water is a hazard to small children!
Do not allow children to use this coffee maker.

Watch this video to learn more about how to use a French Press Coffee Maker:

Comments on Bodum French Press Instructions Manual

Robert 17/04/2016 16:06
Bodum French Press can i make 1 cup of coffee
Administrator Note:
Yes, that's the great thing about French Press Coffee Makers. You may have to experiment with the amount of ground coffee until it tastes to your liking.
susan 05/05/2014 16:12
excellent video. very helpful.
would suggest you include oz measurements in the written text on the webpage....
le dudehomme 09/07/2013 02:35
Thank you so much for your instructions. My mistress was sick of drinking coffee grounds. Coarse ground only, got it! Although a really fine grind can lend a Turkish coffee vibe.
Jessica 15/12/2012 12:11
Does anyone know how to remove the glass pitcher part of the french press? The glass broke on mine, but I think I can buy just a replacement one and keep the other parts. But I can't seem to get it unstuck from the base. Thanks!
Espresso Planet team 07/09/2012 18:00
Hi Jo,

Though we are not Bodum and have no say in any manufacturer's packaging or instructions, we appreciate the feedback and are glad you are enjoying this fantastic brewer. We will have to write our own additional text on this page some time soon to at least be able to help the customers who find their way here.

Sincerely,
Espresso Planet
Ms Jo Rougasche 03/09/2012 06:10
Hello Bodum - the Instructions in the stainless steel coffee plunger I bought today, only refer to the glass version. Whilst I am fully aware of how to use a plunger coffee maker, first time users may find themselves confused. I suggest you ensure instructions for the stainless steel model are enclosed in the packaging. That said, I love the style and design! Many thanks, Jo
Daisy Starks 02/04/2012 13:21
Thanks for the instructions via:YouTube with amiable JASPER's instructions. I lost my Bodum 2 cup instructions and couldn't remember how to make French Press coffee. I bought the Bodum coffee maker at a STARBUCKS store in downtown Chicago off Michigan Blvd. near an "EL" station. I"m saving the instructions in my favorites as my printer is down forever 'til I get a new one that is compaitable w/my old system.
tony avenia 05/01/2012 13:33
The black plastic frame aound the glass has moved making it almost impossible to pour through the plunger spout. Is there a safe way to slide it back in place? I do not want to apply too much pressure

Espresso Planet comments: The glasses are removable - there should be no problem re-aligning it however you like.
Kenmikaze 28/09/2011 01:14
Hello, I bought my Bodum from Starbucks, I have one question though, would it be fine to use Liberica grounds?
Espresso Planet Team 02/09/2011 14:22
Bernie, the issue is in using a metal spoon for stirring in a glass press (risking breakage). You are fine using a stainless steel press. We will be shooting our own video soon that will be more clear than this one.

Share comments

Your Name: *
Comments: *
Please Note: HTML Markup will be automatically removed.
The ability to post urls has been disabled by the site administrator.
Type the characters you see in the picture:

Copyright © 1999-2016 Espresso Planet - Supramatic Inc.
Copyright (1996) 1999-2016 Espresso Planet. All Rights Reserved. Certain names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of Espresso Planet, SupraMatic Inc., Schaerer Ltd., Thermoplan Ltd., Breville, Delonghi, Jura, Solis, Saeco, Krups, Capresso, Gaggia, Rancillio, Rocket, Nespresso, Illy, Lavazza
Sales, wholesale, service and repair of espresso machines and coffee makers in Canada, the USA, Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario - Victoria - Vancouver - Calgary - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Thunder Bay - Sudbury - Windsor - London - Kitchener - Barrie - Oakville - Kingston - Ottawa - Montreal - Quebec - Fredericton - Moncton - Halifax - St. John's - British Columbia - Alberta - Saskatchewan - Manitoba - Quebec - New Brunswick - Nova Scotia - Newfoundland